Re: [DML] Rough idle

Brandon, More than likely it's injectors. They to get clogged up. I can run
them through if you wish or send you some to try that have been cleaned.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com

<< My car has developed a rough idle that has been most annoying. It sits
around 850 RPMs, and I know my idle speed motor is working. When it's at
this engine speed, it almost sounds like a distant helicopter. By that I'm
assuming it's not firing correctly on one cylinder at idle. It doesn't feel
like a completely dead cylinder, as when I'm driving it has all the power it
used to. I can rev it up and the engine sounds very smooth and quiet.

The injectors open by pressure, correct? Hypothetically, if I had a
partially clogged one, would the pressure put through it at idle be low
enough so it wouldn't open? I heard a while back of someone having this
same problem. I do have all new plugs and wires, so my next area to look is
the fuel system. The car feels great on the road, I just wish the idle
wasn't so shaky.

Thank you all!

payne