DeLorean's DO scratch when keyed

To those that hopefully will NEVER experience the problem of having their
DeLorean keyed. Mine was when only 9 months old along the entire passenger
side door. Unrepairable, contrary to initial replies from body shops and
the insurance man to the repairability. When they tried to repair, all gave
up...I eventually had to sue my insurance company for breach of contract and
won in court as their repair person cited that only a 'fill and paint' would
resolve. I guess if you have a painted DeLorean, it's repairable, but not a
SS one if deep. My scratch is about 2+ feet long and deep crossing over the
brushed finish. Maybe techniques have changed since 1982 in the repair of
SS? Mine's still visible and I was paid for a new door skin.