Re: [DML] 1697 update and pics

James,
hello. Look, this may actually be my first post
in this club, but I have a few things to say. First,
I would recommend not parting out 1697 just yet. Does
the damage look severe? Yes! But, the fiberglass can
be repaired to original condition. That is your
biggest problem right there, get the underbody
straight, and then work on the rest. I have studied
the DeLorean car for two years straight, thinking out
various ways to fix it.
There are places out there that do make
fiberglass repairer, and actually repair fiberglass.
Pickup truck shells are made out of that stuff, so one
of those companies may help give you a boost in
contacting somebody who could actually repair it.
You would just have to take off what is damaged, and
then fix the underbody. But, who knows, even that may
not be fiesable. However, there is a DeLorean website
that sells whole and partial fiberglass underbodies.
You may want to give them a try. I think it is
dmc12.com, or dmc-12.com. If it isn't one, it is the
other. Then, just shift the undamaged parts, vin
plates, etc. over to the other underbody, and buy new
what needs to be replaced. Just my thoughts, take
them as you will.

Best of luck,

George DeLorean

P.S. Yes, that is my real last name, but I am not
related to J.Z.D. ~_^

=====
Eighty eight miles per hour!!!