Re: [DML] A number 7 fuse short circuit

The wiring for the fuel pump runs forward and around the left front
corner of the car. It then proceeds rearward to the inertia switch. If you
look at section 3, subsection 7, group 2 in the parts manual you'll see all
of this except the inertia switch itself. There are few plug ins along this
wiring loom which may be the culprits or a stressed wire could be shorting
out somewhere along this route. I heard that wiring loom was bent too
sharply at the left front corner in some cars and that caused a break in
some individual wires. Try disconnecting the wires from the fuel pump and
running temporary wires to the inertia switch and see if the problem goes
away. If it does you may want to consider making the temporary wires
perminate. I'm sure there are other reason you could be having a problem but
I've done this fix on at least one other car with success.

Bruce Benson