Engine top corrosion

My new DeLorean will be arriving soon and I plan to do some serious engine examination soon after its arrival.I have read a couple of sites which detail a problem where dirt accumulating in the recesses on top of the motor catches moisture and corrodes through.Which allows dirt to enter and destroy the engine.If I discover this problem on mine what is the best way you guys have found to combat this?Is it possible to fill these recesses with something to prevent dirt from getting in or add some kind of dust cover?Would a cover over this area cause engine heat build up troubles?I dont know much about the prv 6 so all info is appreciated.
thanks
john fredt
vin 17**