Re: [DML] Parts list for replacement/sustitution

Re: [DML] Parts list for replacement/sustitution

John, The list has been done several times. Problem is that manufactures buy
each other out and part numbers change. There has been a lot of that in the
last two years. It's a massive undertaken and I have kept up with it over the
years.. That is what my web site is all about. The other problem is so many
parts if you can come up with numbers aren't stocked and have to be special
ordered. Remember. The cars are 20 years old and getting older. Even I have
to try several suppliers to keep up with some parts. Any way, As a Delorean
vendor, that's what the parts business is all about.
Take a look at the web site, all the parts are sourced and normally priced
less expensive than over the counter. Naturally there are some exceptions,
but over all my parts are under warranty and priced cheaper for the same
quality as oe .
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com

<< I wish to compile a list of sources for the most common engine and
mechanical parts that wear out.Things like water
pumps,alternators,radiators,wheel bearings,brake pads,winshield wiper
blades,water hoses,ac compressors,etc etc.I want to compile a list of all
suppliers of original,rebuilt,aftermarket,and good substitutes from other
vehicles.I would like to include if possible the model make and years of cars
with parts that will work.I realize that this is a massive undertaking but I
am willing to give it my best shot.If such a resource already exsisits please
let me know before I continue.All help appreciated.
thanks guys