Re: No Acceleration LOSS of power

Many thing can cause this. Some of the more common causes are:
Lambda system non-functional-If you don't hear a loud buzzing from the
frequency valve on the right side valve cover you probably need a new
relay to get the lambda running.
Dirty or plugged up fuel injectors-must be removed, cleaned, and
tested
Vacuum leaks-The hoses are old, stiff, and cracked or maybe just fell
off a fiting. If the mode switch is hissing you know that at least
that is one of your leaks
Control plunger sticking inside fuel metering unit-Dissasemble and
clean
Dirty or stuck pressure regulater-Clean or replace
Dirty fuel filter- Replace
Suction hose in fuel tank kinked or collapsing-Get in the tank and
replace all questionable parts and be very careful when reinstalling
the fuel pump. If you turn it while reinstalling you will kink the
pick-up hose.
A break-down of the insulation in the Secondary Ignition System. If
when installing the new ignition wires you streched one you broke the
inner core.
An improperly gapped spark plug or a cracked or defective one.
I have given you a lot of things to look at but without further
testing it is really hard to decide if the problem is fuel or ignition
related.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757