RE: [DML] Converting AUTOMATIC to MANUAL

I am considering this conversion myself..

>From the discussions I have had, it is not all that complex. (But that does not make it easy!)

You will of course need the manual transmission, and related clutch components. You will also need a pedal box from a 5-speed car to install in to yours. Cost depends on if you buy it all new from a vendor, or shop of a parts car or used parts.

The process of swapping the trans will require modification to the frame where the shifter bolts in. From what I am told, you need to cut the frame to allow the 5-speed shifter to fit. It is mounted lower in the frame than the automatic so you will need to come up with a way to bolt it in using spacers once the metal is cut away.

Good Luck!

-----Original Message-----
From: dmc_delorean_2000 [mailto:dmc_delorean_2000@xxxx]
Subject: [DML] Converting AUTOMATIC to MANUAL

hi
I've had a Lot and I mean ALOT of problems with my automatic 3 spd
transmission since getting my car and the problems just get worse and
worse. rahter than fix it more or buy a new auto DMC tranny, would it
be finacialy possible to convert to a delorean 5spd tranny?
Tony Izzo
VIN# 2467 (under construction)