Re: [DML] Continuing: Payne -- what's the news?

Re: [DML] Continuing: Payne -- what's the news?

You know, I had the EXACT same problem you did! I only replaced the
sparkplugs, wires, cap & rotor. Car didn't run right at all after that. And for the
life of me, I couldn't figure out why. In the end, I sent it to the local mechanic
who diagnosed the problem as crappy sparkplug wires. The insulation wasn't
the greatest, and they were arcing voltage out. So the spark plugs were not
getting full power. I used Borg-Warner wires, but after they were replaced with
a set of BOSCH ones, everything ran fine. Hope this helps you out.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"