Re: HT Lead question

The main reason for the shielded High Tension lead from the ignition
coil to the distributer is to reduce any interference with the radio.
Since the car is so small and everything is so close to each other
(the ignition coil is close to the radio antennae and lead-in) you
have to do everything you can to limit interference. Make sure your
replacement wires don't generate interference. The origionals are made
to suppress any interference but if you use "high performance" and
they are solid core copper wires you may only hear the crackle of the
ignition. The ignition wires can act like little antennaes
transmitting pulses of high frequency interference. It is also
suggested you run all of the ignition wires exactly as the origionals
were run. Keep them separated and in the little holders as origionaly
installed to prevent "crossfire". You should also at least inspect and
regap the spark plugs.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "jamesrguk" <James_rg@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have just replaced my distributor cap and rotor and my HT leads. I
> got them from a local motor store, so called `performance Hot-Wire
HT