ATTN: Steve Liggett (still on list?) Engine Transplant for Dan (message

ATTN: Steve Liggett (still on list?) Engine Transplant for Dan (message #28693)

Steve Liggett transplanted a carbureted Vortec. Sent me beaucoups nice
photos.

Doesn't Darryl Tinnerstet have a Chevy block in his D?
(www.delorean-parts.com)

FWIW: You may be where I was this time last year. Coming from
carbureted American blocks, was very wary of PRV (really of any fuel
injection, foreign or otherwise). Now that I've stumbled across a
14,000 mile car is no way I'd pull current block prematurely. PRV
isn't perfect. Certainly isn't high performance. But it does work, and
appears quite reliable once back to specs. Chances are your fine new
ride will have many other issues to address outside the engine
compartment. If the car runs, I'd spend money on interior, suspension,
fuel supply, list goes on... first. Trust me, THAT will be more
expensive than you now estimate. In mean time you may find factory
engine liveable. If not, engine swap can always be one of the last
things you do.

Bill Robertson