Re: [DML] Spray-type carb cleaner into inection system Q

Re: [DML] Spray-type carb cleaner into inection system Q

Chris, You will reach only a small part of the air intake system by spraying
in the air flow meter. Naturally the best way is to remove the W or horn pipe
on front and clean it inside and clean the throttle body butterflies so they
will seat properly, But the best way is to take it apart by sections and
clean it. No harm will come by using the spray's for that purpose but you
would need to relubricate several parts in the system because the spray will
take away the oil that is there. When you push down in the air intake plate
there are three pivot points that will loose the oil or lubricate that is in
there now. That would be the main problem I would see.
John Hervey
specialTauto.com

<< Are there any consequenses of spraying carb cleaner inside the top of
the fuel injection system (without air cleaner)with the engine
running?

I noticed for the first time today I have black build-up (which has
only recently started) inside the intake and on the diaphragm
entering the system. I warmed the engine and sprayed a spray-style
carb cleaner into the top while running the engine around 2000 RPM.
It belches a horribly poisonous smelling cloud when you do this.

Will this spray-style carb cleaner harm the engine, exhaust,
catalytic converter, or especially the O2 sensor? I just had a new O2
sensor installed and I don't want to ruin it. Anyone? Is there a
different recommendation? Or can I do this safely?

Chris