Re: [DML] Zilla's

I'd like to make a final few brief comments concerning my Lockzilla thread.

First, As I stated in my original post, I was attempting to solve a
problem - I was not bashing any of the Zilla products or any of Bob's work.

Second, while I'm sure the Zilla products have stood the test of time, I
assert that my particular situation may not have been tested before. For
people that came late to this thread, my battery is a Sears Diehard
"Security" battery has an auto-shut off feature that kicks in somewhere
between 10 and 11 volts (in order to preserve enough starting power.)
This battery does not have to be drained very much for it to shut itself
off. We also know that LockZilla draws 30mA in my case. IT IS ENTIRELY
POSSIBLE that both the battery and Lockzilla are both fully functional and
operating normally, but when they are used together, this problem arises.
When my LockZilla is not connected, the battery (which *is* fully charged)
does not shut itself off over the same time period. Therefore, when
LockZilla is used with this battery, it causes a problem... hence my
original post.. i.e. >> Problem with Lockzilla <<.

Third, my original post was just trying to find out if anyone else had
experienced similar problems - little did I think it would result in so much
flack. It was an honest question based on a REAL PROBLEM resulting from the
use of LockZilla that does not exist when LockZilla is removed from the
equation. Was is it wrong to use the process of elimination to debug the
system, and then simply query the list with the result? How else was I
supposed to learn if my unit is functional, or perhaps, there was a one in
ten billion chance that I have a Lockzilla unit that draws too much current?
Gee, I've heard of electronics failing before, built by Bob Zilla or not -
it happens.

If the end result is that I have to live with this problem, then fine, at
least I know the answer and can work around it.

Finally, I find it hard to believe that people on this list can fault me for
attempting to fully research and solve the problem first. Or should I just
assume that all electronic devices never fail and everything should always
work perfectly together? I can now see why some people have chosen to
leave the DML altogether. Geeze.

-Hank