Re: cylinder numbers (was: Re: Only running on five cylinders, turning i

Re: cylinder numbers (was: Re: Only running on five cylinders, turning into desperation)

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002 19:50:15 -0700, "Payne" <bpayne@xxxx> wrote:

> We hooked them up based on the numbers on the cap.
> Cylinders 1 2 and 3 are on the left bank (right of car)
> and 4 5 and six are on the right bank (left of car). Is this correct?

I believe it is... The #1 cilinder is the one directly behind
the passenger seat, near the coil cover.
I allmost fell for that one too when I did mine and the picture in
the manual shows the engine in its "normal" position: frontengined...
If you take good notice of the flywheel and pulleys you should be allright.

Are you sure the cap is the right one and positioned right?
If yopu didn't get the cap from a DeLorean vendor it might be a cap
for another type of the PRV-6. Like odd-firing vs. even-firing...

Hope this helps,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000