RE: [DML] 17000 series

 As a Canadian and owner of one the 'Canadian' D's .. I've been wondering
about this for years; but so far the information I've been able to find is
almost nil; since the 83's were never that well documented.

But, now seems like a great time for all of us 83er's and Canucks to share
info and see.
I'm the 2nd owner of 17106, and the previous owner kept extensive records;
I'm pretty sure this is all stock.

Here's what I've found that seems to be different, either as an 83 or as a
Canadian spec. car.

Canadianna:
-Metric Gauges: 240 km/h speedo, Temperature in Celsius and Oil Pressure in
kPa
-Block Heater: or do the cold climate US car have this too?
-My front signal lights are solid amber.
-Not stuck on but I have a "Unleaded Gas only" sticker for by the filler,
but in French.
-Canadian Tire MotoMaster battery. (Just kidding, this isn't stock :) )

83isms:
-Flat Hood with DeLorean Logo
-Straight Pipes: no exhaust tips
-Throttle spool cover
-ASI radio

Other oddities:
-My trail arm shield bolts are the one piece 'strip' not the 3 separate
bolts.

Mike