Door Lock update

Thanks to all who wrote regarding my door lock question. Perhaps this
will help some of you who also have lock issues. Yes, it is true that
the LOCKZILLA unit did not cure my door locking problem but I knew this
going in. When I was at Rob's last year he hooked up one of his ZILLA
units to my system to check it out and it did not work right. I knew
that I was going to have to replace the solenoids but was unsure how the
routing of the signal flowed. To recap: The drivers side switch would
lock/unlock both sides but the passenger side switch would only lock the
drivers side and NOT unlock it.

I first replaced the passenger side solenoid........did not cure the
problem. I cleaned the contacts on the switch toggles unit to ensure
good contact. I then replaced the drivers side solenoid, Viola! Both
doors now operated as they should!! So even though the drivers side
would lock and unlock the passenger side it was the drivers side
solenoid that was bad. One of you called this right but I decided to
still swap out the passenger side first as a matter of testing the whole
system.

The LOCKZILLA unit will prevent the new units from burning up and I am
very pleased with the fact that it even sound better. The old module
made a loud clicking sound when activated. I am also eager to get the
remote locking add-on as well as the launchers! I was quite pleased
that I was able to do this project by myself. I'm not a mechanic but
with the help and advise of this list I was able to remove my armrests
and get to the solenoids!! Thanks

Tom