Re: compressor belt

Taking the belt off will stop the noise if that"s where it's comming
from. There won't be any ill effects except that there will be no A/C.
A better course of action would be to remove the belt and if the noise
does go away all you have to do is replace the bearings in the idler
pulleys. This is not too hard a job as after removing the belt you are
halfway done! The bearings are not very expensive and it's hard to
drive the Delorean without A/C. When you order the bearings from a "D"
vender they will also send you an "O" ring to replace behind a cover
behind one of the idler pulleys. You can get the bearings localy but
just remember to get that "O" ring too.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757