Re: [DML] Downfall of the DMC?

Hi Everyone,

I must agree with David...there is too many factors against
the British government that they could have changed.

Let me explain:
First, we must remember...the DeLorean Manufacturing Company
was a brand new plant. The actual DeLorean *Motor* Company
did not begin operating until sometime in 1980.

True, Parliament had thrown millions of pounds into the project, but
everyone knows that a company needs five years to produce a profit.

Given that, Parliament could have loaned small amounts at a time...just
enough to keep things running smoothly. Chunk it up.

They could have also helped by not demanding all workers to be hired at
once.

And when DMC went into receivership--several months before John
DeLorean's
wrongful arrest--they could have stepped in and watched over things until
the
ball was rolling again.

They could have sold the facility to another manufacturer...everything
was already
set up....just reconfigure to your car. Lotus or someone else may have
been elated!

But anyway, as I digress, there are several factors on behalf of the
British
government that could have been changed to make things run more
smoothly.,
given things weren't so heated with political debate back then.

It's late, I'm tired, my thoughts have become mush. I'm going to bed
now!

Later Dayz,
Robert G.