Re: [DML] Re: Parking my Delorean on a Hill

Re: [DML] Re: Parking my Delorean on a Hill

Claude, Having grown up in a town with hills we were always taught to turn
the wheels into the curb when parking on a hill. I didn't bother getting
into the direction or whether the car was heading up or down because it was
always into the curb that kept it from going anywhere. I know what your
saying however a curb did matter. As you mention yourself if you didn't
have one you might end up with your car inside for the night. Of course
that would only happen during the winter.

Mike Atkinson
16232

Subject: [DML] Re: Parking my Delorean on a Hill

In dmcnews@y, "The Atkinson Family" <mikeatk@c wrote: Just a thought, but
what about turning your wheels into the curb so the car can't roll downhill.
That is, if you have a curb.

Mike Atkinson
16232

Mike, It doesn't matter if there is a curb or not if the wheels are
turned,it will hopelly prevent the car from rolling down into on coming
traffic or into your neighbors property,across the street,or if the incline
is going into your living area into your house. Also remember when you park
your Delorean on a incline overnight,(or anytime)that MOST of your oil in
the oil pan is AWAY from your pickup tube/screen in your oil pan,so that
when you start your car you MAY possibly NOT HAVE any oil or low oil
pressure/lube depending on the incline of your driveway.My suggestion is to
either put the car in netural and roll it down to a level area and then
start it,or if you have the side area(s) by your driveway to park your
Delorean sideways,with the nose of the car towards the driveway.The nice
thing about parking it sideways is that people driving by get a nice view of
your Delorean as they drive by.(depending on your driveway)

Claude
000570