Downfall of the DMC?

Does anyone know the actuall reasons that DMC ended up
in bankrupcy? When all is said it seems to me that the
company did quite well in its short time. Was it just
that the DeLorean as an automoblibe didn't "fit the
nitch" at that time in history? sorta to much to soon?
or was it more related to competeing with the larger
companys? Would be amazing to suspend reality for one
instance and imagine where the DeLorean would be today
given it had continuted production.

Todd
Vin5386

=====