Brake Pedal Travel

I'm looking for some opinions...

Because I have a lot of brake pedal travel, I have recently done
some brake inspection on my car. I assumed I would find worn pads.
This was far from the case.

What I did find was four good working calipers, all the pads in
great shape, and four good rotors. I saw no evidence of leaking.
I did bleed all of the system completely, put in fresh hydraulic
fluid - but this did not change anything.

My brakes do work, no shaking, hopping or squealing. No pulling.
Just an aweful lot of brake pedal travel.

Any ideas? Master cylinder? I don't see any leaks at the master
cylinder.

Eric
Dunedin, FL
ericp@xxxx