From: Samuel [mailto:samuel_yahoo@xxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 4:12 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Buying Thoughts

This is a long email but what do you expect from a new person.

I'm thinking about getting a Delorean for daily driving. I've been
looking at dmcnews.com for awhile and have emailed usadmc.com a few
times. I've been pondering getting a delorean for awhile now but have
only gotten serious about it in the last month. However, I come to the
list with questions.

As I'm planning on getting one for daily driving, I dont want to get one
that needs constant repair. As a result, I've been looking at and
pondering usadmc.com's refurbishing program. It is a bit exspensive but
the hope is that I would not be in a constant state of repair on the
car, granted the car is 20 years old. Is it worth the $32k? The
performance engine seems nice, all in all I'd end up around $40k if I
went with this route (modified engine, xenon headlights, changed
suspension for the most part). Any thoughts on this path?

I am wondering what the list's opinion is of this program compared to
getting one from someone online that is selling. An issue I have with
buying a car directly from an individual is the likely inability of me
being able to inspect the car to see if it has been taken car of and is
in working order and worth the price.

I am also wondering if anyone knows of a Delorean in the Clearwater, FL
area or somewhere near by. I've only ever had a chance to look at a
delorean up close but have never been inside of one nor ridden in one.
This is one thing I would like to be able to do before I go purchasing
one. My transportation is a bit limited right now so it is more likely
that if anyone is willing to give me a ride to see what it is like, it
would have to come to me.

I'm open for tips on purchasing, things to look for, etc. Like I said
before, I dont want to buy one directly from an individual to find out
that they didnt take good care of it or failed to make needed repairs.

I figure it will be about a year before I actually buy a delorean which
gives me a year to save up more (larger down payment) and a year of
investigation.

I've glanced thru the list some, came across the technical link on
dmcnews.com. How many people have had problems with the trailing arm
bolt as it is one thing that would worry me unless I knew it had been
changed out for what seems to be a better bolt.

Whatever delorean I end up getting, I'm planning on keeping due to the
type of car it is. I'd much rather keep it maintained, show it off, and
use it more or less for daily driving, than to let it sit or to sell it
off. I want to get one, but I also want to get one that is worth keeping
and using and not get one that is going to sit around needing repairs
and fixes.

The one I'd end up getting would probably be a manual with gray interior.

Any thoughts or help is appreciated. ICQ or AIM me (UIN# 18424260, AIM:
LightningTH).

Samuel

moderators@xxxx

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews