Re: [DML] Electric Delorean Track Test

On Saturday, September 7, 2002, at 01:13 PM, abatt10347@xxxx wrote:

The car developed according to the owner Carl Tilley "noise from driver's
side rear axle bearing" so it only went 13 laps at a track that is 1.3 miles
around.

Imagine that.

Again
this test will be redone and hopefully the 200 mile mark will be met. Carl's
wife promised to contact me about the new date, will keep everyone posted.

Guess we'll have to live with the *old* laws of physics for a little while longer.

Might I suggest that the DeLorean community may want to think twice before being too enthusiastic about associating our marque with a perpetual motion machine?

--Pete Lucas
VIN #06703

P.S. -- Just to anticipate the next chapter of this sad story: Where did this "200 mile mark" come from? According to their web site:

"... the most effective [electric] vehicles have a maximum range of no more than 220 miles, most far less than that. The TEV will be driven at highway speeds around the Nashville Super Speedway, stopping only to change drivers, for a total distance many multiples of this "longest expected distance". In fact, as the demonstration will prove, at the end of the allotted time period the battery bank will still register a FULL CHARGE condition!"

200 miles wouldn't prove anything--even if their unaudited battery gauge still registers a "FULL CHARGE".