Re: [DML] What is a Diode?

To check the diode, use and ohm meter. On way should be infinite resistance, the other a short. Some meter will have a diode check function. You can also use that in the same manner. The band around one side of the diode is the negative side. A good diode will read a short (or
a junction drop with a diode tester) when connected correctly. It will be infinite when backwards.

Otherwise, if you don't have an ohm meter: Connect a 12v lamp in series with the diode. Try placing it both ways across a 12v dc source. It should light up one direction and not the other. If it lights up both ways or neither way it is bad.

If you need more help, email me privately and I will be glad to help you out.

JB