Re: Cooling fan circuit breakers

Fuses and circuit breakers are completly different devices. The only
thing you can say they have in common is that they are protective
devices used in electrical circuits. The main reason that there is a
circuit breaker in the cooling fan circuit is for the ability for it
to take short periods of higher than usual current so you can start
the fans,(when motors start they have a very high current draw, much
higher than when they are running steady-state). The circuit breaker
also gives the automatic resetability which is desirable in critical
circuits like headlights and wipers (not that hey are used in
Deloreans but are on most cars). Unless you really understand what you
are doing in the electrical system it is best to keep it as stock as
possible with the exception of the recomended relay and circuit
breaker upgrades. Make sure all connections are clean and tight and
you actually have the correct size fuses in the correct locations.
Carry an assortment of fuses for emergencies so you can always replace
a blown fuse with the correct size. FYI the fuses in the Fanzilla are
not redundent, each fan has it's own fuse so if 1 fan dies it won't
take the whole circuit with it, now you REALLY know what the Fan Fail
Light is supposed to do, tell you when you have a bad fan!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757