Re: [DML] Ignition resistor relay

Group, I have explained several times about the relay below the ignition
resistor in the engine compartment. It's up against the fire wall under and
off to the left of the resistor. I have modified the wiring diagram so you
can enlarge it and put it in you shop manual or paper work on the car. (You
will need to landscape when printing.) I also wrote an operation of how it
works. I'm not for sure when they added it or took it away, but I will leave
that to the people that know more about that than I do. You may also want to
add that to your list of relay replacement since it's on the outside.
I call it relay # 110 on the diagram since there was none on the original.
If your car has this relay socket mounted on the fire wall and wires running
to it and the relay is missing, plug one in and watch what happens to
starting the car. If it's never been replaced and you car is a little cranky
in starting, then change it or swap it out. If the contacts were bad or the
relay wasn't working, it will start better.
On the web site under Talk & View/reference. I also put a photo under the
diagram as to the location.
John hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/ref_main.shtml