Re: looking for custom seat covers and floor mats

Re: looking for custom seat covers and floor mats

Where do you live? I would look at any place that does automotive
upholstery. There is a place by me (NY, Long Island) that actually
surprised me when I walked into it a few years ago. While looking
through some of their samples I came across a "DMC" reproduction
floor mat that they make. I asked the guy about it and he said that
he was familiar with the car and made quite a few mats for people
over the years. The DMC letters are embossed into the carpet not
printed on like the original. Where am I going with this? You'll be
surprised what you will find at a good local upholstery
shop...especially ones that do interior restorations. Give them
something to work with as a template and you can have them make it
in any color you like. That same shop I went into was willing to
recover the binnacle?I have to locate that place again and take my
cracked binnacle there.

If you are looking to just replace worn out seats or carpets so that
they are close to original (same color and all) then give Rob Grady
a call, he has new leather seat covers made (in black and grey) that
will wow you when you see them installed...they look bettr then the
original. Only task is that you need to remove the old leather
covering and install the new ones in the same fashion (using hog
nose rings).

Steve