From: content22207 [mailto:brobertson@xxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 12:10 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Attn: Martin Re: Taillight Mod

You must have different taillight boards than I do. I've got 5 single
filament sockets I'm calling:
1 Backup
2 & 4 Brake
3 Taillight
5 Turn

My vehicle currently looks somewhat anemic illuminated from the rear
(taillights only). Swapping tail and brake lights would double that
output. I don't think two bulbs alone would be enough brake
illumination, that's why I'd switch the circuit to activate all 6.

My concern is heat in the housing. My position 3 (only) has what
appear to be heat dissipating channels cast into it. Also came from
the factory with a smaller bulb in that socket only (both sides). Did
DMC do this to prevent housing from melting under constant burn? If
so, I'd better shelve the project (I can burn a smaller bulb but the
channels have me stumped). *UNLESS* someone knows of an LED array that
will fit an 1157 socket...

Bill Robertson

moderator@xxxx

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews