[DML] Re: Question about steel bottle

couldn't this have easily been the cap not holding pressure as
well? Especially since the bottle had no visable leak though
since you only tested the bottle under the tap maybe it was.

Justr wanted to remind everyone to check the caps as well. Had
a cap fail on my 20 year old Mercedes this morning. A cheap part
to keep in the car or just replace as well especially at this age.

Jeremy

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Christian Williams <delorean@xxxx> wrote:
> Yep, it happened to me. I was on the highway at night and
steam started
> pouring out of the back of my car. It actually reminded me of the
steam
> that shot out of the BTTF car, but I digress. I had the car towed
home,
> took the header bottle out, and couldn't find a crack. I took it
inside
> and poured water in it, and it held water fine (remember
though, it wasn't