Re: Question about steel bottle

The "standard" metal bottle sold by the venders comes in S/S or
aluminum. It is approximatly the same size. Half of the bottle fits
inside the bracket so when the bottle is out of the car it appears
larger. They fit with no alteration to the car. I recomend you also
add a coolant recovery bottle because you cannot see how much coolant
is in the system. If you keep the header bottle full and let it
overflow into the recovery bottle then you can watch the level just
like on a modern car. I mounted mine on the left pontoon and ran a
hose from the nipple under the pressure cap to the recovery bottle.
I replaced mine not for looks but because the origional header bottle
ages and cracks.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757