Re: separate DMC tech list

In a message dated 7/29/02 10:25:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
malevy@xxxx writes:

> The (DML) Tech list really needs a moderator.... Maybe splitting the DML
> in to sub lists would be a positive thing considering the current size? I
> think so, as long as they remain moderated (except for maybe a "general
> discussion" group).

I'd love to see that happen. Personally, I'm 98% interested in Tech issues.
Most events mentioned are not ones I can attend. Many peripheral, JZD or
collectible questions are of limited interest. I won't call these crap...
they have their place, but they make it harder to search the back issues for
specific topics. I started the DMCTech Yahoo group for that reason, not
visualizing it as an alternative, but rather as a "Cliff Notes" cousin to the
DML. Between copyright conflicts, (which made it impossible to share DML
data and edit it) and concerns I'd weaken the DML, and a few people who were
afraid I'd somehow get rich off publishing it in hardcopy, the thing never
got off the ground. I'd still like to use it to mount an interactive or
rather cooperative effort to redo the DeLorean Manual series. After two
years of searching, I've got original copies of everything, for the best
possible repro use. But the last 14 months I've been head over heels at work
with little time to spare. I haven't closed the site because, heck, I'd still
like to see it up and running. My apologies to those who've subscribed,
found nothing happening there, and then unsubscribed a day later. And my
DeLorean Club hat is off to the DML moderators for their unpaid hard work.
Unmoderated lists are intolerable junk piles. Anybody who wants to start one
is welcome to it. You won't find me there. Heck, I don't even have time to
read more than a few posts a day as it is.
Long live the DML! And double your money back if you're not satisfied! ;-)

Wayne A. Ernst
vin 11174
Inactive moderator, DMCTech