#5939 is home! (plus NCT Tires and Torsion Bars)

#5939 is home! (plus NCT Tires and Torsion Bars)

Yahoo is such a mystery to me. Some people can figure out my eMail
address from the truncated version that accompanies each post. Others
reply through the group. The latter is a total waste of bandwidth, so
please feel free to contact me direct: brobertson@xxxxx

#5939 came home to southeast North Carolina today. Trip south was
blissfully uneventful. BTW: where do all the complaints about D
performance come from? I had difficulty holding the car to 75 mph.
Perhaps it is the replacement engine (mine is PRV but not 100%
DeLorean, at least per tech manual). Perhaps it is the manual
transmission vs an automatic. Don't know, but I was a happy camper
(the repaired A/C and stereo helped).

NCT's performed excellent. I'm willing to sell them individually, but
would like to offer them as a complete set first (for the benefit of
anyone who needs 4). May be early next week before I get all the GT's
mounted (am taking only the rims in 2 at a time). If no one has
requested the complete set by then, will go w/ individual sales.
Anyone have any idea how to ship a tire?

Have received a promising torsion bar adjustment offer in neighboring
South Carolina. Keep your fingers crossed... FYI: have two new Rob
Grady custom struts socketed up. Passenger door is great on either.
Unfortunately I enter the vehicle through the driver's door. Rob
recommends adjusting the torsion bar (his struts are not overcharged
-- ball studs). I am quickly learning to follow his advice.

Bill Robertson
#5939 (in *MY* driveway *AT LAST*)