If you are "clutching at straws" at this stage, I seriously recommend you get someone out to look at the car. We are lucky in that it is a european engine and the local guy who came round to look at #2727 had no problem working on the engine. We knew everything was mechanically sounds, it just needed tuning.

Anyway, I don't know the history of your problems - but I'd start by looking at the CPR.

Martin

Digital Devices wrote:

Ok ... My previous attempts to set the timing on my car apparently
worked...

Causing it to start .

HOWEVER!

It cut out after a short few seconds

This caused me to investigate things further...

And I discovered that the circular "bobbing" intake on the mixture
control unit is strangely stiffer then usually. significantly
<snip>