ZF Trans swap

Hi lads,
(To the guys who do engine swaps mainly!)
I had a good look at an old DeTomaso Pantera a few days ago, and was
wondering if anyone thought the manual transmission it uses, which is
a ZF transaxel, would be a good idea if you were going to do an
engine conversion to a V-8? I'm sure its a lot stronger than a
DeLorean trans, and you can get adapters to fit it to most American V-
8 engines pretty easily. It looked to me like it was a similar size,
what would need to be considered before attempting something like
this? Someday my DeLorean will have a SS chassis, with a v8, and a
different manual trans, I hear the guy with the ford V-8 at Memphis
is having transmission trouble? Also, what about the Porsche 911
transmission? I love my DeLorean the way it is at the moment, but I
would like a bit more power!
When DeLorean Houston come out with their stage 2 enine, are they
beefing up the trans in any way? Seems like with 250 bhp they might
be approaching the self destruct point of the original trans? If I
was sure their system could operate with the original trans, I would
probably settle for the Stage 2 engine instead of a conversion, as it
would be a lot easier...
Thanks,
John