Re: [DML] Re: Delorean Car Show Guidelines -(Newbie)

Re: [DML] Re: Delorean Car Show Guidelines -(Newbie)

In a message dated 7/21/02 10:50:38 AM Central Daylight Time,
brobertson@xxxx writes:

> Am D-newbie, so please overlook any ignorance...
>
> Pigeon Forge will be my first show. Plan to drive my fine new ride,
> but unless there's a "you've got to be kidding" class, I think I'll be
> directed to park around back at the kitchen entrance.
>
> Seriously, is there a place at DeLorean shows for roadable cars in
> "daily" service that are not show quality, and which the owners do not
> want judged?

Bill,
Yep, Ken has a place for everyone. If you want to enter the show there
is a category in the show called the "Daily Driver" class and it is normally
broken down into additional classes based on mileage, so your car competes
against other cars with similar mileage. If you'd like to enter the show but
don't want to have your car judged, that's fine also. You are still
encouraged to bring your car and park it on the show field with all the other
Deloreans. The intent of Ken's show is to display all the Deloreans together
in one place, weather they are competing in the show or not. He wants
everyone to participate and have an enjoyable time.

Marty