Re: [DML] Delorean Car Show Guidelines -(Long)

Re: [DML] Delorean Car Show Guidelines -(Long)

Hi
I just wanted to thank Marty for helping me on this project. We did the same
thing last time and reviewed it with the owners at the My Classic Car Show in
Evansville.

This show however did not even closely resemble Cleveland and I wish I had
more awards for the participants in the different catagories. We did make a
few changes and remade a few trophies on the spot but we missed a lot.

The Daily driver catagory did great. It was evenly split and seemed to go
well and my judges had no problems with picking winners. The catagories in
modified classes even though we arranged them based on Cleveland left
something to be desired and that is a good thing indicating we still are
growing. Time was also a huge factor and one thing I try not to do is force
you to stay by your car all day. As long as its open it gets judged and you
don't have to be there that is one of my criterias.

The only request I have then I am going to bow out and let Marty and you the
owners help devise the catagories we need for modified is to ask for people
to judge these catagories or who do you think should.

My thoughts and I will leave it go from here is that there are a few poeple
like maybe Curtis and Dave Tietelbaum (hope I spelled you right) that have a
lot of experience. There are others that have done great engine mods, and
others Like Rich that go well beyond (D-Rex). Are these the people to judge
the car or do I get a few more judges like I had at the previous shows.
Remember owners as judges don't get to see much of the show.

George Crane went over real well and the two teams we had, had the hired
judges doing daily drivers and DeLorean related people doing some of the
specialty cars.

Just a thought.

In Memphis I never really pushed for any cars like I did Cleveland and what
showed up was as big of a surprise to you as it was to me.

So I have a challenge now

Lets make Pigeon Forge the biggest DeLorean Car Show ever. The area is know
for sponsoring car show events every weekend. If every owner that came had
brought their DeLorean we would have had around 260 cars. So we have the
numbers now lets go do it and I will be glad to reward you for your efforts.

The other question (Trophies or Plaques) this is part of the dilema as well
so for the next show you decide. This year was kinda a combination with
graphic trophies.

What kind of fun awards do you want.

Again thanks for coming to Memphis
and now that I have survived the largest crowd I have ever dealt with in a
show
We will be better prepared for you in Pigeon Forge.
Remember this is new to me as well and I am learning as well so lets do it
together.
Mistakes will be made and they can be corrected
Memories are made at these shows and they can't be taken away.

Thankyouverymuch

Ken
deloreancarshow.com (hotel information)

PS preview to Pigeon Forge
I am getting some information on the Turbo and the DeLorean for Pigoen Forge
and again much of what will be show will not be material that has been seen
before as a group and in some cases ever publically. If you have a turbo and
want to be included please send me a photo (electronic is fine) and anything
you want to say about it and I will include what I can in the presentation.

This is another thread but how many turbos are out there and how many
differet brands, makes or modifications????