Tachometer w/ engine swap not working

I know there are a few other owners out there that have done similar engine
swaps in their DeLoreans'. (this is a '94 Chevy Vortec 4.3) I was
wondering what changes you made to get the tach to work. I've had
everything working for quite some time now (after I solved my 2 A/C
condenser situation!) and this is the last thing left from making my
DeLorean 100% complete. One other thing, I've got my fuel pump set to run
constant once the key is turned on via removing the RPM relay and jumping
the two wires (sorry, can't remember the colors but its set to run only with
the key turned in the on position, not jumped to make it run all the time
just to clarify :) ) because, if I put in the RPM relay, the car won't
start. I believe the tach not working and the car not starting with the RPM
relay in are related. I'm guessing its related to the white wire that goes
to the RPM relay. In the Chevy wiring harness and the DeLorean harness, the
tach wire is white. When I hook the Chevy and the DeLorean wires together,
the car won't start. I know I could run another tach guage, but I'd really
like to get the DeLorean tach working. I'm sure with all the
wiring/electrical guru's here, someone will know :) Feel free to email me
off the list :)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Duke
www.geocities.com/at88mph_1999