[DML] Re: putting D in Museum - advice?

Hmmm... I didn't know that. What I do know is that the guy I bought
my Delorean from stored it with the Passenger side door open (don't
ask becasue I don't know why he did) and he said that when he first
had the car the doors worked great but after a year being open it
began sagging. You notice a huge difference between the drivers door
(that was not left open) and the passenger side. Drivers door opens
fine and stays up but the passenger side droops so low I have to use
a broom stick to keep it open when I work on it (the car isn't ready
for the road yet). After I finish the car I'm getting a pair of new
struts for both doors.

Steve

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Hank Eskin" <heskin@xxxx> wrote:

> > Don't have them display the car with the doors open (put extra
strain on the torsion bar and strut) I was told by Rob Grady that leaving the doors open actually minimizes the strain on the torsion bar and struts. It is my understanding that when the doors are closed, both the torsion bar and struts are "loaded". When open, they both are in a non-stressed state.