Re: [DML] HELP!! Need an evaporator!!!

Yep, been there. Didn't get one either. I searched through Hemmings on the
net and found only one company listing antique a/c services and coincidently
they are local to me. (Major cool!) They can make evaporators from
scratch, so I asked the guy if he could make one for my DeLorean. He said
that he would have to see it first. Well, I haven't had time (and may not
have time anytime soon) to take mine out to show him. If you already have
yours out, you can send it to him and see if he can copy it. I think he
can. If he can make it, it would be a good idea to see if we can get the
price down if he makes several since I'm sure all the vendors would probably
like to stock at least one.

Contact:
Classic Auto Air Mfg Co
2020 W Kennedy Blvd, Tampa, FL 33606
PH: 813-251-2356, 813-251-4994.

I probably drive by this place 2 or 3 times per week. If you decide to send
yours, let me know so that I can talk to the guy in person about having
several made.

There is a chance that yours can be repaired. Steve Wynne told me that they
usually go bad at the orifice tube inlet and he uses a standard repair kit
to attach a new input tube.

Walt