Re: Erratic idle speed

Richard,

If you have ruled out electrical, check out this other possibility.
I had similar symptoms that you described in your original posting
on one of my project cars a few years ago and after checking out all
electrical possibilities, I moved on to possible fuel delivery issues.

In this case, I had some incorrect fuel line "under the bonnet".
After replacing the fuel line with correct diameter, high pressure
fuel lines, the problem went away. Even if this is not the cause of
this problem, you may want to replace all original rubber fuel lines.

Glad to see that these two project cars went to people who are willing
to spend the time, effort and money to get them back on the road, even
if it is "the other side of the pond". I was close to making these
two project cars my next projects (last spring) but you beat me to it.

Keep up the good work.

Later,
Rich W.