RE: [DML] Sunstar DeLorean

> I need to know how to adjust the door on my Sunstar DeLorean

I've created a special kit for adjusting the door tension on Sunstar
DeLoreans. I call it the "DeLorean Model Car - Door Tension Adjusting
Kit - Sunstar" (DMC-DTAK Type-S).

The DMC-DTAK Type-S (aka DTAK and Gary-TAK) consists of:
a) One Multi-Purpose Elastomeric Positioner (M-PEP).
b) One Type x, Rotational Alignment Positioner (RAPx)
c) One Type +, Rotational Alignment Positioner (RAP+)

Note: As you will see below, the key to the excellent success rate of
this amazing kit is the inclusion of the M-PEP, and both a RAPx tool and
a RAP+ tool.

Instructions for using the DTAK:
1) Use the M-PEP to hold the doors open.
2) Turn model upside down, but continue holding it.
3) Determine whether the RAPx or RAP+ will fit into the front door
adjusting screw (at the front of the T-panel area.
4) Rotate the screw clockwise until the desired tension is reached,
until you are unable to rotate the screw any further due to the door
frame limiting the rotation, or until the screw is snug.
5) If additional tightening is required, alternate between the RAPx and
RAP+ to complete the tightening operation.
6) If the screw is snug, and additional tightening is required on one or
both doors, repeat steps 3, 4, and 5 on the screws at the rear of the
T-panel area as required.

You may find that you have difficulty adjusting the rear screws, but
often it is only necessary to adjust the front one, anyway. An option
for stubborn set-ups is to resort to one of the "frame-off" methods, but
they require extensive disassembly and reassembly, and are prone to
steering column misalignment upon reassembly.

The DTAK has been thoroughly tested, and has been proven to be 100%
effective* and comes with a 100% money back guarantee**.

* Based on a sample set of 2.
** You must follow the instructions - which do not tell you to remove
the M-PEP.

If the demand is high enough, I will be offering these kits for sale
from the classifieds page of the PNDC site
http://pndc.org/classifieds.htm.

Note: If you would prefer to develop your own kit, you can use a rubber
band (in place of an M-PEP), and bend the tips of two (small-headed,
long-shafted) screwdrivers to 90-degrees (in place of the RAPx and
RAP+). Make sure the bends are very close to the heads and are offset
45-degrees from each other (see figures A and B).

Figure A, RAPx:

Figure B, RAP+:

I would appreciate it if you did not develop these kits for resale to
compete with me, since I anticipate that the demand for DTAK kits may be
quite low.

Gary
www.IN2TIME.com