Re: stuck distributor

In terms of physically getting the distributor out of it's bore, there
is a rubber o-ring that seals the installation. In time, this can get
"bonded" into place by temperature, chemicals, etc. You should be
able to gently but firmly tap on any handy protrusions from the
housing to get a slight rotation, which will help to break it loose.
You may also have to pry the distributor upwards with a flat
screwdriver or other tool. DMC Joe also provided the hint that you
should set the distributor up before hand so that you can install it
back in the same orientation. Otherwise, the timing and location of
the spark plug wires may be incorrect, leading to a requirement to
"rewire" the cap by shifting the wires around to suit the new
location. It's best to set it up for retaining the original location.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1 - with a distributor that has some pry marks on it.