[DML] Re: Where is the common electrical leak?

[DML] Re: Where is the common electrical leak?

IMHO the most common electrical "leak" is that when the doors are
closed the 3 lights in the door remain on. If you keep the courtesy
lights in the "off" position inside the car you won't even know the
door lights are on. This occurs because the rubber caps on the plunger
switches are missing or worn so they aren't pushed all the way in. If
you have trouble with the battery always going dead pull the wires to
the door switches and see if the battery is OK after a week. The other
common problem is that the battery is just bad and cannot hold a full
charge anymore. This is VERY common as most Deloreans aren't used on a
regular basis so the battery is always in a chronic state of
undercharge. Getting a battery load test will tell you about the
battery but if it is over 4 years old it is probably time to replace
it.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757