Re: Setting the Clock

Hi Toby,

Having read many of your posts and learning quite a bit in the
process I would love answer your question about setting the clock
(materials technology was one of my favorite classed BTW).

On My DeLorean the button for the hour adjustment fell out and into
the clock assembly thus I could only adjust the minutes on my clock
also.
I eventually got around to taking the clock apart and repositioning
the plunger/ button for the hour display but it was still very
difficult to adjust the hour portion of the clock because the
internal compression switch on the clock had wear and didn't always
work, thus I resorted to my old way of setting the time on the clock.

Fortunately having an electrical engineering background I was able to
use years of education and experiance to come up with this procedure
to set the time on my DeLorean clock (works for most cars too). :)

If you pull the clock fuse out of the fuse holder for 5 minutes or
more and then plug it back in at 12:00 noon or Midnight you will have
the correct time set on your clock.

Fortunately you can adjust the minutes on your clock so now you can
use this method to get you to 12:00 and just adjust the minutes to
the correct time (procedure is now good for approximately 2 hours a
day 12 noon and midnight).

If you want to adjust the time with only the minute adjustment at any
other time in the day, advance the minutes to 59 wait 1 minute and
the hour will advance then again advance the min to 59 and let the
hour increment a minute later.

Regards,

Mike D.
Vin 3113