RE: [DML] MEGA-SQUIRT - SDS EM-3 6D EFI PRV DMC?

RE: [DML] MEGA-SQUIRT - SDS EM-3 6D EFI PRV DMC?

They have a mode to fire ALL injectors at each ignition pulse. This is a good replication of the constant flow the stock Bosch injector system has.

MegaSquirt may be a good platform for someone to develop a DeLorean specific EFI "kit" for a low cost. (There are some restrictions on re-sale of the megasquirt)

I had considered converting the Legend engine to EFI, but decided to hold off because it may destroy the historical value of the engine. My other DMCis getting a conversion, and MegaSquirt may be used to replace the factoryPCM if it does not work without the automatic transmission (The factory computer may need to see communications with the trans computer).

Maybe DMC Joe can supply some statistics, but from just reading the DML forthe past 7 years (or so) it seems most of the engine problems people report are fuel related. A modern EFI replacement would (IMHO) make an already reliable engine almost bulletproof.

<SNIP>