Re: [DML] raffle too long

I agree with your raffle comment.

I got more stuff for the second raffle than I ever dreamed. My kids
accidentally raffled off most of Saturdays stuff on Friday which is why
Friday was so long. The vendors came to my resuce for Saturday and I had more
stuff than I had origonally collected. Again thank you Vendors

Don Steger donated a lot of stuff also but we did not raffle it because of
the time so I think its appropriate here to say Thank you Don Steger For your
Support from DeLorean Motor Center. Don was quite a background supporter at
the show and I am glad to be a good friend of Don's.

My special thanks to all of you vendors.

Dave Swingles coments that the raffle is the only thing not soley supported
by the show is accurate. All other aspects of the show are self sufficient
but being a new show we needed to generate some cash flow. For the next
show I plan to do one raffle.

This is fairer to the vendors, I feel anyway.

I will also at the same time have a few choice items that will be auctioned.
I think that is a good compromise.

While its two years away June 17-20, 2004 its difficult to run raffles
because you never know what you are going to get until last minute and on
stage to know whom it is from is nearly impossible sometimes.

The raffle also takes time and its tough to keep interest as you stated.

I am going to publish later a bunch of changes I am going to make and one of
them is to have only one raffle. This would be a lot easier on me and I
think all of you would appreciate it. I am expecting from initial
indications at least the same size of event as was in Memphis.

This is my first time doing an event of this size and it was a real trip let
me tell you.
Overallthings went well but my time was fully occupied and I would like to
enjoy the next show along with you .

I also say I am overwhelmed by the comments and the e-mails I have received
both on the DML and private e-mails. Thank you.

If a long raffle is your worst complaint
I am grateful

Hope you all had a great time
I need to recover
I am really burned out still