Memphis was fantastic!

Thanks Ken Koncelik for putting on a fantastic show!
Thanks to all the vendors for your support. I heard of some great
stories on the trip out. Hope you will all share them. I got to Dallas on
my own and met up with John and Bill Yersky (sp.) They own the Cleveland
concours winner. What a beautiful car! John and Bill lost the alternator
belt somewhere in Arkansas but they managed to arrive just in time for
Thursday night's dinner. Even after the overheat and the long trip they
still placed quite high in their class.
The competition was intense. I entered the Best Modified Custom and
much to my dismay I had to compete against DanRC30. For those of you who
don't know, Dan has taught me most of what I know about DeLoreans and he is
the one who figured out the spacing and offset for my wheels. Rob Grady did
a phenomenal job on my car and the digital dash install is amazing. It
looks factory. Even Kathryn DeLorean said her dad would love it!
After 1600 miles getting there the car was pretty filthy. This
being my first competition, I was kind of clueless on how to prep the car.
I asked Jim Reeve to help me and he went with me to the car wash to hose off
and degrease the engine. Then he went to work on my louvres and detailed my
engine compartment. I have to post pictures. He did an amazing job! The
car looked so sweet for competition. He did a lot more work to mine then he
did to his own and he still took 1st place in his mileage category! That
says a lot about his character. TIMMAY!!!! LllllrabbllllraBBLLLLROW!
I want to thank all the above people. Because of you I took 1st
place in the class. I really appreciate it. It was a terrific experience I
won't forget.
The ride home was fun. My co-pilot was Ryan McCaffrey, VP of the
AZ-D club. Having Ryan M. for the ride back was great. If you haven't met
him, check out www.az-d.org. Come to one of our events sometime. He's a
great guy. We had a lot of fun talking about all the DML folks we finally
met. Lots of great people.
Playing cat to our mouse were Ryan and Dianne Gould from Thousand
Oaks, CA. We made the trip to Phoenix in two days, stopping for 8 hours of
rest in Abilene, TX. Having another car with us made the trip more
enjoyable and it is true: two DeLoreans can go faster than one....:)
I also want to mention Don and Nancy Steiger. I ended up losing my
otterstat driving into the competition. TIMMAY was helping diagnose the
problem and he narrowed it down quickly. Don heard about my dilemma and
brought one over to me that he had with him. That was a really cool
gesture. Thanks Don and Nancy!

What a great weekend!

Matthew
VIN #16816