Re: Key Copies

I had the same problem with my Mercedes Key, neither Lowes
or Home Depot were set up for it. took it to a serious locksmith
who stuck it in a computer and basically scanned in the
scanned. they then took out the key and the scanning bit and
replaced with a blank key and cut bit. Then they downloaded the
scanned results back and it cut the key.

On a typical car key they just stick both on a sort of grinder and
make a duplicate this way the computer does all the work. The
difference when done byu hand on a grinder it's $2. When does
by the computer it's $20.

I sure someone else can do custom keys cheaper but I wouldnt
know ehere and this place is just down the street and I know
their work.

Jeremy

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "adam_one_million" <acprice1@xxxx>
wrote:
> Has anyone found a place that makes delorean key copies?
> I tried HomeDepot and Ace Hardware and both places don't
have the