Re: [DML] Shift Pattern

As far as I know, there is only one REAL adjustments for side to side
travel- at the rear of the shift cable near the transmission. I assume
this adjustment should be enough in most cases.

It seems by your explanation that you have "too much" cable and you can't
"pull" the cable enough to get it in reverse. If this is the problem,
you can put a spacer (washer) between the shift cable (at the front) and
the frame where it enters the passenger compartment. This, I think,
would be hard to do unless you are a contortionist or take apart the
whole deal. A better idea is to bend the metal plate that the cable
sheath attaches to in the back by the transmission. If I understand your
problem, I think you would have to bend it away from the transmission.
This will (more or less) move the threads on the cable sheath so that
your adjustment is in a different range. You may have to take it off of
the car to bend it, it is reinforced...

good luck
Jim
1537