Stainless Steel

>From the daily page of a calendar I got for Christmas:

What Makes Stainless Steel Stainless?

Experts Say: "Stainless Steel is coated with a thin, transparent film of
iron oxide and chromium. This prevents soap, water, and air from geting to
the metal below and eating it away. Since its coating is smooth., stainless
steel is also very sanitary. Bacteria, fungi and dirt have nowhere to hide
and are easily washed away.

It was developed in 1913 by British metallurgist Harry Brearly, who was
searching for a better lining for cannons."

from The Book of Totally Useless Information, by Donald Voorhees.

Four Days to Mempis!!! But we will be there a day early so only three for
us......we have our suitcases and laptop at the ready!!!

Murray Fisher
VIN: 05962 Lic: DMC-XII
Walla Walla, WA